Hop into Easter with this fun activity and delicious recipe that your kids will love.
How about making Easter egg nests with chocolate and cereal? It's a fun and easy recipe that kids can enjoy making and eating!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups of cornflakes
- Mini chocolate eggs or jelly beans
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Add the cornflakes to the melted chocolate mixture and stir until well-coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, creating a small indentation in the center of each one.
- Place mini chocolate eggs or jelly beans into the indentation.
- Chill the Easter egg nests in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, until firm.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe can be easily customized by using different types of cereal or candy. Kids will love making these cute and delicious Easter treats! Happy Easter to you and your family.