Celebrate with Mexican Hot Chocolate!
Happy Cinco de Mayo and what a perfect day to share the all time favorite ‘Mexican Hot Chocolate’ Recipe with you. This Mexican Hot Chocolate made with 100% raw, unsweetened cacao powder, cinnamon and a hint of cayenne, will warm you up from the inside out!
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon of raw, unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
- A drop or 2 of vanilla extract
- A pinch of ground cayenne
- ½ oz of bittersweet chocolate
- Toppings: marshmallows, shaved chocolate, cinnamon stick for stirring
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add milk, cacao powder, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and cayenne.
- Mix together with a whisk, add the bittersweet chocolate and heat until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is hot, but not boiling.
- Serve with marshmallows, chocolate shavings and a cinnamon stick.